Thursday 2 June 2011

Justin Bieber won’t get Sued by Marc Jacob Over Fragrance Bottle Copycat


SOMEDAY by Justin Bieber compare to LOLA by Marc Jacob
When Justin Bieber’s new perfume Someday launched two weeks ago, sharp-eyed fashionistas were quick to notice something a tad familiar about the bottle.
The purple-tinted glass and pink rose lid bore many similarities to Marc Jacobs’ Lola fragrance.

Now Mr Jacobs, 48, has spoken out about the controversy, admitting that the manufacturer of his scent considered suing the Bieber camp.
In an interview with WWD today, he said: ‘We just had a conversation about it. Coty said, “Do we sue them?” and I said, “You know what? Let everyone else say what they want.”‘
‘I received Google [Alerts] about people saying it was derivative. We’re not going to do anything about it.’
When probed on the similarities between the two bottle designs, he continued: ‘I look around the room and I look at the work we’ve done and a quote I always bastardize but I really believe in, is something Chanel said: “He who insists on his own creativity has no memory.”‘ (source:dailymail.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment